Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring Break! :-D

Spring break this year almost took my by surprise.  I knew theoretically it was coming, but I couldn't even focus on it until last week.  And now it's here.  I'm going to do my best to put it to good use: cleaning out my house and catching up on papers I need to grade.  And if I can keep to the schedule I set for myself (yes, I have a schedule) I might even get a few days to relax near the end of it all.

Also, with the ending of March, I'll get to see an update on where I am when it comes to funding.  Supposedly I've been getting weekly updates...but more weeks than not it's been a re-reporting of February's donations.  One week I got an update from the previous week (and it had been a good week).  Right now, with what I know, I'm close to 40% funding.  I just don't know how much I don't know.  I could potentially be above 50%.  I could be higher than that...but again, I won't know until I actually get the report in.  I could get a weekly report tomorrow (depending on whether or not the settings got changed) or I may have to wait until April 2.  In which case I may set that day aside to write more thank you cards.  I'm mostly caught up on what I know (which means if you've donated and this month and you haven't gotten a thank you card, I haven't seen that week yet).

Carolyn helped me tonight with cleaning out my storage room.  She organized things into piles: recycling, trash, keep, and sort.  So now all I really have to do is deal with the keep and sort piles.  Everything else I should take care of this week (now that I am very familiar with the recycling place in town).  I got my kitchen clean, my bedroom is mostly clean...tomorrow I'm going to finish any grading left over, and finish cleaning the bedroom(s) and hopefully the bathrooms and finish the laundry.  If I get everything done that I plan to get done, my life post-spring break should be less stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment