Friday, March 11, 2011

Next on my list

My "to-do" list is rather long when it comes to things that need to get done before Honduras.  And one more thing was officially added to the list: get my house organized (or mostly) before "Spring Cleaning" day...in two weeks.  My town does a major garbage collection day once a year (it used to be every other year, but right now it's running every year).  It's set for the last full week in March, on your regular collection day.  Otherwise, in organizing and disposing off all the "stuff" I've accumulated over the last 4 and a half years of living in my house, I'm going to have to spend a decent amount of money for extra disposal bags, etc.  If I can get my act together and get everything sorted, I should be good.  (Granted, the amount I have to go through and dispose of doesn't hold a candle to what we've been shifting at Grandpa's house...but still...).  I'll also probably make a run to the recycling collection center with papers and magazines (again, one trip there...not upwards of 50).  But I think I have my project for the weekend.
Spring break (which happens afterward) will probably be full of little house projects...the "I'll get around to that eventually" sort of thing.  I'll probably try to get most of my stuff boxed up and ready for storage...at least the stuff I don't use on a daily or weekly basis...like the books I've read three or four times already that I love but I have practically memorized, the winter clothes we will hopefully no longer need...which I won't then need for another year plus.  A lot more of this will be happening in the summer, after school is out, however it would probably be to my advantage to get a head start on it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment