Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A Moment to Breathe

I'm sitting in class (giving a test) and I have nothing that I can be doing.  I have nothing to prepare, nothing I can be working on, etc.  I have a chance to sit and relax...for the first time in longer than I can easily recall.  [And that being said, I just thought of one thing I can do...but I'm going to continue writing and continue in my enjoyment of no pressing issues.]  I actually can contemplate spring break...which it didn't really occur to me was next week until yesterday.  I was so consumed with stuff going on this past weekend and this week that I didn't have a chance to look that far ahead. 

Granted, I'm still doing something every night this week.  But last night was the worst of them: night class.  It went well, I just didn't get home until about 11 pm.  Tonight is mostly time to work on things...which I need.  I do have a meeting at 7.  Tomorrow I'm tutoring, Thursday is Campus Life, Friday is small group (and the official beginning of spring break). 

I'm going to try to be very productive during spring break, because if I am, it should make April a little easier.  I need to finish the next chapter in my spanish class, because then I can send the second section (of three) out.  Practicing spanish, listening to it, reading it, etc. are all pretty high on my list of things to do...finishing the class unfortunately isn't.  Technically I have a while to get it done, but I would prefer it to be finished, because that would be one less thing to do...so I'll probably try to make some major progress over break...finish off the chapter I'm in, and get halfway through the remaining three chapters or so.  Doing the class is helpful, I have been learning some new things, and been reminded of others.  I surprise myself some times because an answer comes to mind, and I check it (tenses, vocab, etc) and it's correct...and beyond the level that I've technically learned in this class (my prof probably figures I'm taking the class for easy credit).

It's hard to believe that April is coming up very soon.  The time I have left here is shortening...July seemed so far away in January...not so much anymore.  And the time has gone by really quickly. 

Sigh...my moment of freedom is over, class is done (for this period at least), and moving on with the rest of my day.  I enjoyed my moment of processing, though...

No comments:

Post a Comment