Thursday, March 10, 2011

The Beginning of the Whirlwind

Today I finally caught up on grading/work I need to do that is school related (well, at least for the next few days).  And as I was contemplating that, I realized that it's a really good thing...because the next week or so will be crazy with Honduras stuff.  My prayer cards are designed and being printed (possibly as we speak...thank you Oscar!).  I'm speaking in church in a week and a half (March 20th).  I'm speaking at Campus Life sometime soon (I don't know when yet...any help, Todd?).  The school newspaper with my "personality profile" is coming out next Tuesday.  I'm assuming I'm going to get at least one copy of the paper...and probably be asked about it by many students.  I have students walking into class now speaking to me in Spanish (and I'll respond in kind).
I now have a thermometer drawn on the white board at my desk which has a current update in funding...as well as a line for where I need to reach before I can buy my plane tickets (which is 80% funding).  This morning when I came in, someone had placed a short stack of pennies...and had added $0.11 to my total on the board.  It made me laugh...and I guessed correctly which teacher had done it.  (And he threw me a nickel before I left...so if that keeps up, by the end of the year, I may get about $10 out of him, right?)  The thank you notes for those I know have donated are already written and in the mail/delivered.  (That was my project for last weekend...in addition to filling the dumpster at grandpa's house.)
And now things at Starbucks have gotten really crazy (as in I'm surrounded by 3 seniors who have math questions...so I should probably end this and help them).

No comments:

Post a Comment