Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Financial Update

I got an update on finances today.  There are two ways to spin what I found.  Of the many people I've e-mailed, talked with, mailed letters to, etc...7 have donated money.  And I was admittedly a little disappointed about that.  Part of it is that I'm not planning on going until July, so there probably isn't this urgency on the part of others to really give yet.  On the other hand, I can't buy my plane ticket until I have at least 80% of the funds given (or promised).  The good news is that even though only 7 people have donated, I already have in 7.5% of my total funding.  I should be finding out what funding my church will be giving me next week.  I will be speaking at church during services on March 20th, so hopefully I'll get more donors then as well.  So I definitely am not completely discouraged, it's early days yet...I'd just prefer they come in sooner rather than later.  And that's the me that needs to have everything lined up, listed, and planned when it comes to things like this.  It's in God's hands, and I just have to remind myself that it's in God's hands.

The cool thing about the 7 people who have donated so far:  1 is someone I don't know.  He was my first donor.  Two of them are relatives...and account for over half of what is donated so far in terms of amount.  And the remaining 4 are people from school.  And I've had more people at school come up to me and say they are planning on donating, but they haven't gotten around to it.  I also don't know how much was raised yesterday by the NHS students in the cafeteria.  Depending on those factors, I may get up to 25 or 30% supported before much longer...and hopefully people at church can step in and help with a decent amount of the remainder.  I'd love to be able to purchase my plane ticket by May.

No comments:

Post a Comment