Sunday, March 20, 2011

More things falling into place

Things have been really busy lately, and when people ask how I'm doing, it's difficult to articulate an answer that is in any way complete.  Some of that has been the push for today...because today I spoke in church and had a "meet and greet" time afterwards.  I think it went well.  I have a lot of e-mail addresses that I need to add to my account.  I talked with different people for probably about 2 hours all told, explaining what I'm doing, where I'm going, and what some of my needs are.  I was told by people after both services that I did well speaking in front of everyone.  I couldn't tell you now what I said in either service...though it helps when you're sharing your experiences...because those I remember well.

During the Sunday School hour (between 1st and 2nd service) I had a high school student approach me and ask about my cat.  One of my prayer requests has been to find someone to take my house, and someone to take my cat while I'm gone.  She said that she thought her family could take my cat, but she'd have to check with her parents.  They had cats in the past and hadn't for the last 5 months.  One of the issues with Loiosh (my cat) is that she is super friendly...when she is the only animal in the house.  She's not really a fan of sharing space with other animals.  So this seems like it would be a perfect situation.  The check with the parents went well, one prayer request answered, Loiosh has a home. 

I also had a few people approach me with possibilities for renting out my house.  If any of those work out, that would be awesome.  I have a few people I need to get information to over the next few days (one more thing to put on my to-do list).

After church, I talked with many people, some I knew and some I didn't, about what I'm doing, where I'm going, etc.  It wasn't as bad as I feared (I'm an introvert...crowds and talking with a lot of people drains me...but I made it through, it went smoothly, and I'll probably keep bringing prayer cards and information to church over the next month or so.

And now, I can switch focus again...the next one is to clean as much "junk" out of here as I can by Wednesday/Thursday (to throw out for free).  And I need to make it through the week at school (and then Spring Break...I haven't even thought that far ahead until now... :-D ).

For those of you who want to donate and weren't at church this morning, or who I haven't already contacted, you can go to WGO's website (http://www.wgoreach.org/) and under "Ways to Give" drop down menu, click "Support a Missionary", find my name and go from there.  I'm interested to see what the response from today will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment