Sunday, August 7, 2011

Phone Home...

Or actually I phoned my aunt and uncle's house where some of my family was gathered to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. When I checked e-mail the other day (Friday) I found one from my aunt inviting everyone over to her their place for dinner at 5...so I called about 5:30 their time and ended up getting to speak with my grandma, my parents, and a few cousins. It was definitely good to talk with people, and thank you, Scott, for letting me use your phone/antenna. I still need to get a cell phone down here.

The weekend went really well. I had a lot of time interacting with people and getting to known them better. I went back to the same church I went to last week (sans chicken) and I think I'm going to stay there for this year. I understood the pastor better this week...which hopefully means I'm getting better at picking up the language...or it could mean he was speaking more slowly this week!

I should probably get to bed...because tomorrow starts another week of school. Hopefully interaction with people will keep up this week. Love you all! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment