Thursday, January 27, 2011

Things are starting to pick up...

Using the obvious metaphor of the snowball rolling down a hill (mostly because it's snowing outside), that's what it feels like is happening with this adventure right now.  It's nearly the end of January, and I have most of what I needed to get done in January completed.  [I have to-do lists for each month, I need to be organized!] 
- I finished re-writing my prayer letter yesterday, I sent it to Robin for editing, and once she has gotten it back to me, I'll send it to WGO for clearance before e-mailing, mailing and posting it.
- The school board votes tonight on whether to grant me a year-long leave of absence.  If granted, this guarantees me a job back in my district after my year of teaching in Honduras is complete.
- I got my official WGO e-mail address set up and figured out today.
- I was officially put on the WGO website today so people who want to donate can do so directly through the website.
- My budget was officially approved today.  So now my official target amount to raise is $20,000.

All of this happened (or will happen in the case of the board vote) within 48 hours...after a few weeks of nothing really.  No new developments, no new information, no progress...and suddenly it's all happening really really quickly.  It's starting to seem more real.  It probably won't seem completely real until I've been there for a few days, but I can see God working and bringing pieces together. 

1 comment:

  1. Bethany~
    Just wanted to tell you that I'm so excited for this huge God adventure on which you are embarking! Very exciting to see the ball rolling! I'm happy for you and look forward to hearing/reading about it all. :) I know God will show His glory through you and through all aspects of this adventure... beginning with paving the way and providing for you.
    love gina

    ReplyDelete