Monday, June 13, 2011

A weekend of family :-)

When school is over for the year, I usually prefer to spend the first week just relaxing, not doing much, and recovering.  This year, I didn't really have that luxury - my cousin was getting married...so my last day of school was Wednesday, and on Friday morning we (Dad, Mom, Carolyn and I) left for Minnesota, driving the land barge (my somewhat affectionate nickname for their van).  Eleven hours later (there was some construction traffic on I-90/I-94 near the Dells) we made it to our hotel.

I won't make you suffer the itinerary of our trip, but a couple things I got out of it.  The first (and I've known this for years) - I have an awesome family!  We're loud at times, we can be crazy (not naming names here...mostly because it would be a long list!), but we genuinely love each other, care about each other, and are interested in what's going on in each others' lives.  I can sit down with any of my cousins or aunts or uncles or my grandma and have an in-depth conversation about life or whatever.  We enjoy each others' company.  There aren't any people I don't want to see.

The second thing I got out of it is that I am so blessed to have the family I have.  They pray for me...and I can't really verbalize just how awesome that is.  My family has also been the largest financial supporters in this whole endeavour.  Over 40% of my support has come from family.  What can I say to that, other than to thank God for the amazing people he has put into my family?

All in all the weekend was good times, well worth the 20+ hours of driving over the course of three days.  And now I get to relax and recover...well that and try to get all the little necessary details taken care of...

Oh, and I'd be remiss if I didn't say somewhere in here - Congratulations Sarah and John!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment