Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Getting caught up on the "to-do" list

I've officially been out of school for a week (as of an hour ago).  The first few days were crazy, but life has started to calm down a bit.  The last few days I've been trying to whittle down my to-do list.  This both has to do with school stuff and Honduras stuff.  Unfortunately they're not terribly fun or exciting things, it has more to do with organizing and paperwork - neither of which is exciting to talk about.  I got the last major stuff done today in terms of documents (or at least I mailed out for them...now it's just a matter of waiting).  I still do need to get medical insurance for when I'm gone, I know what company I'm going to be getting it through, most likely, but there is still the paperwork involved (and a doctor's physical, so I should probably schedule an appointment for that).  I need to get color copies of my passport.  That one is just a matter of actually going somewhere and getting it - not difficult, just a little time consuming (and therefore I keep putting it off).  I also need to finish my spanish class, because trust me - it will be much easier to finish it (and submit it) before I leave rather than after (granted, my spanish will probably be much better a few weeks after I leave, but that's beside the point, from what I can tell my professor thinks I'm doing a pretty good job already).  Reading the Harry Potter series in Spanish is helping...I'm very glad I stumbled upon those books a few years back...I think that was thanks to Robin - she was looking for them (and found them) in French.  And speaking of, I should probably use this time to get more work done on my Spanish class, so I can be done with that! 

All in all, progress is being made...and hopefully I'll remember all the little details that have to get done in enough time for them to get done!

No comments:

Post a Comment