Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Transitions Continue...

It's the last day of school.  And while I have been eagerly anticipating this day for some time, it still feels strange to realize that I'm not coming back here next year.  I'm not going to see many of the teachers for a year.  Some students who I've had in my class this past year I may never see again.  That's the strange part of teaching - the constant transitions from one year to another.  And it changes so quickly...a year really isn't all that long to get to know someone before they're gone...and you have to start all over again.  So while on one hand I'm very glad to be finishing off the school year - one less source of stress, more free time, and the blessing of sleeping in - on the other hand, I'm going to miss people here - both students and teachers.  If only going somewhere else didn't require leaving others behind...

No comments:

Post a Comment