Friday, February 25, 2011

Reminders are necessary

It's been a long, draining, lonely, frustrating, sleep-deprived week.  Sadly, there were only 4 days of school this week...and it seemed like we went for an extra day, not one day less.

I've been feeling lately that things have been working out TOO WELL...you know the feeling you get at times when everything seems to be falling into place and you're just waiting for the first snag to come.  This week, I think, was that first snag.  I have seen so many ways that God has been directly guiding me down this path, and it honestly has seemed too easy.  Life lessons have taught me that nothing is really that easy...and so it almost seems like I've been waiting for something "wrong" or "bad" to happen.  And this week may have been it.  It was a week of unfulfilled expectations and unexpected challenges.  I was so glad today was Friday and I have the weekend to recover...well, some of it at least.

And yet, I had a chance to sit down today and chat with someone I haven't been able to catch up with in a while, and I needed that.  Because as I began to share with her all the things that God has been doing, and the ways He has been leading me in the last few months, it helped put this week into perspective.  I know there will be times when I will be stretched and tested as I continue this adventure.  Granted, I wasn't looking for them to occur so soon.  I thought I'd be able to put off the "stretching" experiences at least until I got to Honduras.  I'm comfortable where I am, I have my plan in mind...and then God shows me that His plan is way beyond my plan.  And I know I'm going to need that reminder from time to time...the reminder that this is really His journey, and He's allowing me to follow along.  And if life is frustrating or I feel like it's going out of control I need to bring my concerns to Him, rest in the knowledge that He is in control, and that He can give me peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment