Thursday, February 17, 2011

God continues to provide for me

A little more than a month ago, the NHS sponsor came to me saying that she had a group of students who needed a "project" and she wanted to make me/Rancho Ebenezer their project.  The idea was they would have a fundraiser.  I figured it was great, because I'm sure Rancho Ebenezer would appreciate it.

She approached me last period and said she has a group to lead this project, and they're going to be doing a fundraiser this year to help me go, and next year, after I'm there, we can talk and see what is needed down there, and then they'll have a drive or fundraiser of some sort to help the school out, but their first goal is to help me raise money to get down there.  Umm...wow.  I didn't expect that.  And it's really cool, I'm excited about it...on multiple levels.

Also after school today I'm being interviewed by someone from the school newspaper because they're going to do an article about me for the March edition of the paper.  Which means we're going from all the teachers knowing about this (it was on a powerpoint at our last faculty meeting, which I followed up by e-mailing everyone), to everyone at school knowing about this.  It's gotten so much larger than I ever anticipated at school.  I knew I was going to tell the math and science department, because I was going to be gone from a year, and they would definitely notice.  I also needed to tell my principal for (hopefully) obvious reasons.  She stopped me a few days before the meeting and said it was going to be up on the powerpoint...at which point I decided to refine the e-mail I had drafted so I could send it out to all the teachers (after the meeting).  Then the school paper, and now NHS.  My guess is the rest of the school year is going to be hectic. :-)

Now, I just wish I could see updates on funding more frequently than once a month.  Because it will be interesting to see how the verbal response is (or is not) translating into a financial response.  And because my department chair keeps asking for updates on it...at least he did until I explained to him that I only see it at the end of the month.  I guess I need to practice patience a little more...

No comments:

Post a Comment