Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Pond

I made it back up to the pond today, and spent a peaceful hour or so there...and I brought my camera along.  Unfortunately the pictures doesn't necessarily do the trek justice...it took me about 12-15 minutes to walk down from the pond, my guess is about double to get there (then again I was stopping along the way to take pictures....).



 

That's where I'm heading...the trees on the top of that
ridge



The higher you go, the better the view of the surrounding
mountains.





Starting out...the first hill to walk up.
This is also the first hill I walk up
when I'm looking for phone service.

This is part of the path up...note it's hard to
fully show how vertical it is on camera (I also
climb this one when I'm looking for phone service).

A part of the path (near the top).  A tree fell down
at some point in time during a storm and hasn't
been cleared out yet.  In the picture, I'm looking back,
I've already climbed over the tree.

I've made it to the pond, finally.  Here's what that looks like.



 
The return trip home, I'm on the top of the first hill looking down
towards home.  The campo would be to my left.


Hopefully that gives a bit of visual to my world.  Note, it took me about 45 minutes to upload the pictures, so they won't happen often...and I even purposely picked a time when most people aren't online.  So that was relatively fast.  But for now, I need to get to bed, because I leave for church in about 8 hours.  Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment