Thursday, May 19, 2011

More Progress

It seems like every time I get a chance to breathe, I'm in a new situation when it comes to Honduras.  I last posted last Saturday, less than a week ago (a mere 5 days for those of you keeping track).  In that time...

- My department at school gave me a card, and inside the card was money to help me in Honduras.  I was really touched by that.  I love the math/science department at my school.  We have some disparate personalities, and at times there are issues, but for the most part I get along with most everyone, and I'll miss them all next year.

- I got a call last night - the last piece of the puzzle for refinancing my mortgage came through, so that will be coming up some time next week. 

- Today in school we had a presentation on technology - some very interesting ideas, and many that I can look to implement next year.

- As of the beginning of this week, I'm over 90% funded!

There have also been e-mails back and forth through the week with people down in Honduras.  I don't have much time (or attention) right now to dedicate to updating the blog..it seems at times the more things to talk about, the less time to talk about it.  And I did get another time-sucking device last night...my new iPad showed up.  Fortunately I was already done grading lab reports, because no work was accomplished last night (but an awful lot of play was done...and I did try Angry Birds and Words with Friends for the first time).

No comments:

Post a Comment